The Steel Window Association (SWA), www.steel-window-association.co.uk, is the source of independent, comprehensive advice for members comprising specialists in the manufacture and refurbishment of steel windows and doors, and associated industries.
A new initiative, which answers specific demands from today’s market, has been launched to increase membership and widen the scope of the SWA. The membership is now tiered into Gold, Silver and Bronze levels depending on which specific services the member, or potential member, requires.
Services include –
- The SWA maintains an informative website and publishes a Specifiers’ Guide and Fact Sheets to advertise members’ best practice to a wide audience.
- The SWA provides collective technical research, thermal analysis, product testing and development.
- The SWA operates an accreditation service for members that is recognised by the British Fenestration Rating Council for the issue of energy rating certificates.
- The SWA is registered with the BFRC as a systems company with its own collectively developed energy rated products, marketed exclusively by members under the BFRC banner and giving them easy demonstration of compliance with the energy conservation Building Regulations at modest expense.
- The SWA Enquiry Service responds to technical and commercial questions from professional specifiers, contractors, government agencies and private individuals. It then puts prospective customers directly in touch with members so that your company name is kept in front of specifiers and homeowners,
- The SWA provides information to members on technical research and product development, reference material, supply sources, market surveys, contractual data and manufacturing know-how.
- The SWA represents members’ views and interests in British and European standards bodies, centres of window technology, and other related trade associations, and plays an active role in the formulation of new and revised standards. The SWA participates in fenestration industry bodies with access to government and vigorously defends its members’ interests in consultations on ever-changing regulation and legislation.
- The SWA subscribes and gives you access to the Glass & Glazing Federation, FENSA, British Fenestration Rating Council, Construction Products Association & British Standards Institution.
- The SWA Sales Development Group promotes members’ products and projects through an extensive public relations and marketing programme.
For further information on the Steel Window Association, please visit www.steel-window-association.co.uk.